Labels

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I very much agree with the statement that individuals should do things even if they do not like it.  Not all life lessons are learned through fun ways like watching the latest episode of Barney or Elmo, two shows that have ingrained moral lessons in every show.  I have learn through two personal encounters that an individual must persevere through unpleasant experiences in order to learn important lessons.  Moving and attending school are two experiences that most dislike, but both teach very important lessons and skills.

The summer before 7th grade was challenging time for me as I had to cope with moving from my beloved East Brunswick to a new foreign town called Dunellen. I reluctantly packed my bags and said  good bye to my beautiful house.  Although I did not realize it yet, moving would teach me very important lessons.  Moving has taught me to understand that not everything is permanent.  You can suddenly move, because it is easier for your sister to commute to school.  I have learned to become more open to change and even embrace it, because I  never know what may happen in the future.  Moving to Dunellen turned out to be a great change as I have met many wonderful new people who have became not only my friends, but my family as well.

Face it, most children dislike going to school.  Early mornings, constant homework, and short weekends would make anyone find school an unpleasant experience.  What most people do not realize is that school teaches many important skills and lessons aside from textbooks and homework.  School requires interaction among other students and teachers which allows a student to develop effective communication skills.  Students must learn how to be a team player and cooperate in group projects.  Listening to directions is another important skill taught in school.  All these learned skills will help an individual succeed in college and the workforce.

4 comments:

  1. Mrs. Ell, I would like to apologize for accidently putting the blog comment as a post. I am not really sure how this happened? I am honestly quite confused but i did do this blog on time as it says the date submmited.

    ReplyDelete